I taught my son Andy how to make this this when he was in High School!
For some reason he felt it needed some more Frangelico and free poured it into the pan! After nearly burning his eyebrows off he plated the dessert and asked me to taste it. Needless to say it was extremely boozy, he felt it was perfect, I wonder why?
Bananas Frangelico print version
Ingredients and Method
1. Mix 3/4 cup light brown sugar, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter and a frying pan and add the sugar/spice mixture.
3. Add 5 tablespoons of Frangelico and 4 tablespoons of banana liqueur to the pan and stir over heat until the sauce is syrupy.
4. Add the 4 firm bananas, sliced lengthwise, and heat through, turning the sauce over the bananas with a spoon to coat them.
5. Light the pan on fire! When the flames die down, add 2 fl-oz heavy cream and mix. put banana on each plate with Haagen Daz vanilla ice cream. Pour extra sauce over them, top them with chopped toasted hazelnuts and serve IMMEDIATELY.